SHIELD Security Systems Buffalo will hold a firearms safety class on July 12th, 2014 from 9A-1P.
This course is often referred to as the “Pistol Permit Course” or “Handgun Safety Course” must be completed before applying for the Erie, Niagara, Orleans and Genesee County NYS Pistol Permit process and is taught by Mike Carvelli – a retired Lancaster Police officer. Mike is certified by the NRA and is an extremely knowledgeable (and entertaining) instructor. If you are interested in obtaining a New York State Pistol Permit, this class fulfills the training requirement to apply for a permit.
“As a retired police officer, I am deeply committed to the safe handling of firearms. All too often, people find themselves in a situation where they must handle a weapon. Preparedness equals proper training. Proper training begins and ends with safety.”
– Ken Jezioro, Owner of SHIELD Security Systems
General Information About The Class:
- The main focus of the class is “safety.” Subtopics covered include: Article 35 and NY laws pertaining to the use and carry of your pistol and safe handling of a handgun in your home or on the range.
- Given the recent publicity of the NY Safe Act, interest in obtaining a firearm is at at all-time high. Wait times for pistol permit processing is close to one year with general processing time of 8-10 months, once a NY firearm application is filed.
- This class is the first step in the obtaining a permit and is limited to 25 attendees.
- Class will be held at SHIELD Security Systems’ corporate office: 5170 Genesee Street, Bowmansville, NY 14026 (near Transit and Genesee)
- Date: Saturday, July 12th, 9A-1P
- To register, call the SHIELD office: 1-800–474-4353
- Fee: $50.00
DO NOT DELAY REGISTERING, the class is limited to 25 participants and must be prepaid by Thursday 7/10/14 at 5:00 PM.