The world lost one of the pioneers in self development and great educator when Dr.Wayne W. Dyer passed away in August of 2015. He was known as the “father of motivation” for his many books, PBS specials, video presentations, and TV appearances. He said he was ready to start his new adventure at any time and had no fear of death.
In his forty books like The Power of Intention and the more recent I Can See Clearly Now, he always worked to bring people to their highest potential in life, love, family, and career.
Bonus Content: Click here to find out 5 Great Books for Franchise Owners
Here are ten quotes and paraphrases from Dr. Wayne Dyer on being successful in your life and career. Because of his writing and teaching, his message can help you succeed even though he has gone on to his next adventure.
- Dr. Dyer said you get orange juice from an orange because that is what is inside. Your future is based on what is within you. You may never know what strength lies within you until you are pressed to succeed. You must make sure to react with determination to the pressures you face.
- “If you believe it will work out, you’ll see opportunities. If you believe it won’t you will see obstacles.” ¹ To be successful in business and your personal life, you need to see things that happen to you as opportunities. A positive attitude is an important precursor to success and personal growth.
- “Circumstances do not make a man; they reveal him.” ¹ How you react to circumstances and hardships lets people know your strengths and allows you to prove your positive intentions. You have a choice for every action there is a reaction. (positive or negative)
- Dyer said everything is either viewed as an opportunity or an obstacle, and you make the choice. Like the last quote, this insight reminds us that you can turn a negative into a positive by the way you react to it. Don’t allow events to become obstacles to your success. The choice is yours on how you react.
- “You'll see it when you believe it.” ¹ If you can’t see how to get to the best outcome, then you are having a lack of faith. When you believe in yourself and expect the best outcome, you will see the success.
- "There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love. There’s only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.” ¹ You must resolve to work at what you love. When you stick to that resolve, you will be able to be successful at the work you want to do. Read more on Successful Entrepreneurs and their 7 Key Qualities of Leadership.
- "It’s never crowded along the extra mile." ¹ When you go the extra mile and resolve to do the work you love, you will find that there is less competition. Most people will not put in the effort to go that extra mile.
- Wayne Dyer said you must live every day like it is your last. You must “seize the day” and forget anything that keeps you from succeeding. Make your time count today.
- “Go for it now. The future is promised to no one.” ¹ Your efforts must be concentrated on succeeding today because you do not know what tomorrow may bring.
- Dr. Dyer said that procrastination is a deadly disease that takes a toll on success and happiness. If this is what you want, go for it. Don’t procrastinate. Use your opportunities to achieve success, without delay.
Wayne Dyer’s career was all about helping people reach their greatest potential. By looking at life as a series of opportunities, you can succeed in your career and your personal life. You must seize the day and go the extra mile to succeed.
If you find yourself ready for a change and ready to reach your potential, Download our free eBook for more insight: