Simply put, home automation is the centralized control of a home or business. It may include lighting, HVAC, cameras, operating electronics and appliances, but it’s mainly used in maintaining security settings. Its surge in popularity can be attributed to the ease in connecting a home automation system via a smartphone or tablet. Home automation can be thought of as a personal property manager that is always on duty.
10 Benefits To Having a Home Automation System In Place For Your Home or Business:
- Home automation systems are easy to use and simple to connectto your electronic device (i.e. smartphone or tablet)
- Just a light touch can dim lighting, change the temperature, close the garage, and lock all doors
- Elderly or disabled persons may gain a sense of independenceby being able to control their settings without the assistance of a caregiver
- Caregivers for the elderly can function in their own lives while simultaneously looking after their loved ones (via remote cameras)
- Property owners can save on utility charges by being able to turn things on/off while away
- Saving money on house sitters, gardeners and pet-sitters is possible because tasks like watering houseplants or landscapes and feeding pets can be done with home automation
- Some home automation systems can control music levels, television channels and lighting
- Advanced systems can even sense an individual’s preference through reading the temperature, light and noise level
- A home automation system can send emergency signals to the fire department when a smoke alarm sounds
- Homeowners can be alerted of a break-in via a text or call to their mobile phones while the police are being summoned
Home automation is no longer just reserved for the likes of Bill Gates. A quick call to your security company can enlighten you to how this technology can be used to make your life easier. The convenience and reassurance of safety while inside or outside of the home or office is priceless. Contact SHIELD Security Systems to find out how home automation can be integrated into your home security.